22.12.05

The Happiest Place on Earth

Two Words for you: Disney. World. The happiest place on earth.... :)

We arrived in Orlando, and I immediately made a fool of myself. When asked by an airport official what flight I just came in on, I happily announce to him that I just flew in from Orlando. My face turned red, my family made fun of me (for about 24 hours), and we continued the family vacation.

What is the first thing you think of when you hear Disney World? Mickey Mouse? No. Minnie? No. Pirates of the Caribbean? Almost but not quite. How about lines? YES. Lines in Disney are as prevelant as sorority girls at JMU. They are all over the place. The second you walk into that world you are surrounded by them! We were in the airport, and standing in line just to get on the bus to go to our hotel. My dad made a point to announce to us that as he looked around he noticed that Leslie and I were the two biggest kids there with their parents. Yep, thats right folks. Amongst all these 5, 6, 7, and 8 year olds was a 21 year old and a 17 year old. Oh but we fit in better than some of those kids did!

Disney was fun. I would definitely say that my family took on Disney like the Griswald family would have if "Disney Vacation" with Chevy Chase was ever created. We conquered all four Disney Parks in a day and a half. Now if that is not a world record then I do not know what is!! There were only two rides out of all four parks that we did not make it to, but other than that.... it was quite a whirl-winded adventure. The only thing I think I might go back and change if I could... would be the bratwurst I at at Epcot which was directly followed by Mission Space (a ride where Leslie swears she felt 100 Gs. haha crazy kid).

The Christmas Celebration at Magic Kingdom was fun. It "snowed" on the main street... although the snow slightly resembled soap suds, and it kinda smelled lemony fresh. Despite the fake snow, it really felt like it could have been cold enough for real snow. Who woulda thought that people in Florida actually have to own scarves and hats and gloves. I had to give in and buy the mickey mouse santa hat simply to keep my head warm. Plus, all the little kids had them... and someone from our family had to step it up!

So yes, no matter what time of the year, what the weather is, or how many strollers almost run you over... Disney... yes it is one of the happiest places on earth... however... more or less, I would have to say that Disney World is one of the most exhausting places on earth!

No comments: