15.12.05

Ask Jeeves: Who was the first person to ever write a blog? Hmmm....

After writing my last blog about Amanda and her blogging inspirations I think it is only appropriate for me to write a blog about my blogging inspirations.

First off, you must consider the person (or persons) who inspired me to begin blogging. One day I was randomly googling a quote and some girls blog popped up. I began reading her blog, and realized, "hey! i could do this! and maybe someone, somewhere in the world might read it!" So that was my true start. However there is a little twist to this inspiration. Tonight I watched "Hollywoods 50 cutest child actors, all grown up!" and basically relived my childhood. But I honestly have to say, that after watching that show, and recollecting on all my favorite shows from when I was a kid... I decided that it is only appropriate to dedicate this blog, to one of the first "bloggers" that ever existed. I had a crush on him for several seasons in the early '90s. He was a blond genious. He began and concluded every episode Carrie Bradshaw style, yet while his IQ was higher that Miss Bradshaw's, his writing topics were not quite as adult.... or were they? Well, if you haven't figured out who this is yet... let me just say, Here's to you Doogie Howers, MD.

As for the topics of this blog... I owe it to you. My friends, my family, fellow JMU-ers, and people who walk by me on the street. Ya gotta learn to observe the world around you, and put a happy spin on it. I mean, if we don't, who will? So- when you see someone chompin' on incandescent gum and it annoys you... smile and remember, it could be worse. It could smell like sour green apple too. Or when you bust your butt from falling down a "Mountain-like Hill" smile and think to yourself- someone might laugh... real hard... if they heard that you fell... TWICE! (then... write about it, even if you are a sucky writer like myself!)

So let me finish tonight, with a quote from Doogie's journal that we can all appreciate:

January 8, 1993
Living on my own has made me realize one simple thing: unlike the eagle that soars high through the majestic skies and the bear that burrows its way through endless seasons, my toilet won't clean itself.



You are a wise boy Doogie, a wissseeee.... man?

No comments: