11.2.06

I fell in love

We all know that I am the kinda girl who likes to say she lives on the edge... but really... I don't like change all that much so why mix things up and try something new?! Well by golly was I proven wrong recently.

A few weeks ago I was in line at Java City (for those of you who are unaware of this amazing JMU coffee company let me just say that I think alot of their stuff is better than Starbucks). Anyway, I was in line at Java City and was waiting to get my usual tea or hot chocolate when I decided to "live on the edge"... no I wasn't about to go skydiving or go chat it up the dreamy christian boy a few feet away... I was going to get a drink I had never had before. See, first let me explain the reason why I do not like to try new beverages from coffee stands such as this one in festival. THEY COST $3.50! Yeah, you may think I am a cheap skate, but I am not going to buy a drink that has such a fancy name, that I can barely say, might not like, and waste almost four dollars!! (as the new wendy's commercial says... thats four junior bacon cheeseburgers!!)

It was a thursday, one of my favorite days of the week. There was a line of people waiting to order. I felt the pressure of the people behind me as they were staring at me to make my decision. I rambled a little with my roommate (the innocent, slightly confused and annoyed, bystander) then I blurted out "I would like a medium Caramel Macchiato please!" For a second there I was in shock. That was no hot chocolate I just ordered. And it wasn't even a small! It was a medium!! I proceded to stand there and wait with a smile, as I explained to my roommate and sophomore year suitie that I never order anything like that. :P

The drink finally came. I took one sip.... drumroll please.... oh man I fell hard. I am truly in love with Caramel Macchiatos now. Not only because they are delectible... but because they are amazingly fun to say. Caramel Macchiato. ooooo wasnt that fun??

If you haven't figured it out yet, the moral of this story is to "live on the edge!" or you will truly miss out on the little joys of life. Whether is coffee, trying a new flavor of toothpaste, or even mixing it up and trying a new type of trashbag! You will live, you will learn, and you will know what you want to buy next time!! I am pretty darn positive though that my life will be just a tad more exciting now that I have learned to love Caramel Macchiatos. The question is, will I try another new drink since I hit it off with this one oh so well????


A little footnote here: In several of the previous paragraphs I discuss how I am not one to "live it up" however, please know that is only when it comes to trying new drinks and things. I am the girl who has no hesistation when it comes to trying extreme activities. Remember the summer before college... the concussion I got...?? Yeah... there's your proof... (your proof that I am a "risk taker" or an idiot... you pick... just remember if you hit the water going 40 mph... it will knock some sense out of ya!)

No comments: