16.1.06

Number One Fan!!

Think about it for a couple of seconds. When you watch a television show how many tv days take place in thirty minutes to one hour of your life? Usually several. Probably because the characters are no where near cool enough that as a viewer, you could, or for that sake would want to follow them around in "real time." For example, Rory Gilmore, I love her to death, but when I am not watching... she has to do some kind of studying, I mean for crying out loud, the girl goes to Yale. I go to JMU and I study more than she even references studying.

However. Brace yourself my friend. There is a show that allows you to follow the main character all day long. Which tells you something about this main character... he must be cool. And oh boy, he is.

"24" has to be one of the greatest shows ever. After watching the season five premiere, I have been reminded of Jack Bauer's off-the-charts coolness level. He defies death more than anyone I have ever seen. He can get out of any jam the terrorists throw his way. He is L.A.'s super hero like Batman was in Gotham. With or without his famous Bauer sunglasses, he is unstoppable. Loyal to his friends, and always caring about the well being of our nation, it would be an understatement to say that Jack Bauer is anything less than "The Man."

Now on a slight tangent... think about the concept of the show. We follow Jack Bauer around for 24 hours.... 24 hours! Imagine if someone was following you around for 24 hours. What would they think? I mean, I do not know if any of us can compare to Jack in the coolness factor, however I surely hope that we are not "wacking" as many people (or any people!) in one day (or ever!) as Jack does! Would you be embarrased if someone was watching you for 24 hours? What would they see? Someone who truely loves their friends and family? Someone who helps the lil old lady across the street? Someone who is patient? Someone who sings at the top of their lungs as they are driving down the road? Someone who has a genuine character? You would only have 24 hours to show the viewer who you really are. I am sitting here thinking, man... I think I am a pretty cool person, but who in their right mind would be such a fan of mine that they would want to watch me for 24 hours?!

God is watching... 24/7. Wow. What a thought. He is a pretty big fan of me... and I am a huge fan of Him. And He's got nothin on Jack.

1 comment:

Dorf said...

Jack Bauer rules! Here are some facts you may not know about Jack.

If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists.


Yeah.. I'm a fan. :-)